Crispy potato, chorizo and fried eggs.
500g potatoes, cut into cubes and fried till crispy in whichever way you please (I used an airfryer)
30ml olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 large tomato, grated
2 cloves garlic, grated
15ml Spur steakhouse spice (or any good steak seasoning that has a touch of cumin)
200g good quality chorizo, sliced
salt & pepper to taste
- Fry the onions in oil over a medium heat. Take your time until they’re a pleasing golden colour.
- Add the garlic and tomato and continue cooking gently until the whole lot is a lovely, jammy consistency.
- Add the chorizo and heat through. Stir in the potatoes and season with the steak spice.
- Make a space in the potatoes to fry your eggs. Break eggs into the pan and cook till they’re done to your liking.
- Serve with toasted tortilla shards or just enjoy as is!